Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Can't turn knobs on G1000 panel

The control knobs turn bluish when I point the mouse over them but the wheel has no effect on their movement.

I can turn  the knobs with my Saitek multi panel  or radio controls  but no effect at all with the mouse.

I have all the Carenado planes and this is the only one with the problem. Everything else works: NGX, A2A, Real Air Etc.

Wish someone had a solution because Carenado could not offer one.

I have tried disconnecting the Saitek panel but no difference...

Thanks for any suggestion

The mouse wheel works for me... do you have your mouse assigned to something else?

Bert

I have this problem in FSX. I didn't have a mouse problem until I installed the TMB850 recently. Now I have a problem across all aircraft - the mouse wheel will not operate any knobs in any aircraft, even the MS Default planes. Left and right clicking in the TBM won't move the knobs either but will in other aircraft.

I have a registered version of FSUICP but wouldn't know what to do with it to fix this problem - if that is what it can do.

I have reinstalled the TBM850 but nothing has been rectified by that action. I changed my mouse (twice) and still the problem persists. My mouse drivers are up to date.

I do not, as far as I can see, have the mouse assigned to anything else. Unfortunately this bug renders the entire aircraft useless.

For other people to have this problem it has got to be something stemming from the TBM850, in that in my rig it has altered mouse functionality across the board, affecting other aircraft.

If someone doesn't have a solution it will be goodbye to this aircraft. I have not yet asked Carenado for support, and judging by another response in the forums it appears they don't have a solution to offer.

If anyone in the forums has the good oil on this problem, I will be very grateful for your help.

Regards,

John G

Do you get the blue color when you mouse over the G1000 knobs?

Does your mouse wheel work outside FSX, like on the scroll bar in your browser?

Bert

Hi Bert,

I’m having the same problem with the TBM 850. My HDG / CRS / ALT and VS knobs do light up in blue but will not function with the mouse wheel. The knobs did work as of three maybe four weeks ago. Actions I’ve taken so far; looked into FSUIPC (registered) to see if I could assign the auto pilot knobs within the program (no go). Completely uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft (no go). Around the same time my PC-12 ALT/VS Mode Control also stop functioning via the mouse wheel. I also did the same actions to the PC-12 with no outcome. Any help would be great.

Best regards,

Rob

I have absolutely no idea... if it worked before, clearly something has changed..

Question is:  What?

Does your mouse wheel work OK outside FSX?

Does it work in the popup windows?

Did you install FSX-SE or any other new software over the holidays??

Bert

Bert,

A friend found the culprit in my FSUIPC under miscellaneous tab. Under Mousewheel: there are two boxes that were checked by me or by default not sure. The Trim and Move boxes were checked off which caused the autopilot functions not to work.

Thank you for responding.

Rob

Untitled.jpg

Rob and Bert, I tried this in my Carenado Baron but now I can only drag the needle around the dial by holding down the left mouse button. No scrolling and no left or right clicking (I had left and right clicking until I tried this fix with FSCUIP - now that's gone and I still can't scroll).

Clicking works on drop-down menus and scrolling and clicking works in the browser and other programs. I have experienced the same problem in the Carenado Beech 1900D, but only since installing the Carenado TBM850.

I had uninstalled the TBM850 before trying the FSUICP fix so whatever it is remains there; perhaps the TBM850 placed something on the hard drive that wasn't removed when I uninstalled it, or it has changed something for all other aircraft somewhere in FSX. I have yet to re-install the Carenado TBM850 but at the moment there doesn't seem to be any point in doing that if I can't use the mouse in any other aircraft, other than going through this ridiculous drag thing.

Using the mouse to drag a knob around is difficult because I find my pointer all over the screen, having to move my hand way too far.  

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys but I think there is something more to this.

I hope someone can come up with the answer on these forums because I'm at rock bottom with my bag of tricks.

Regards,

John G