Sign in to follow this  
journo89

IPC timed out all retried

Hi all

I have just purchased RCv4, and when I click START RC having loaded my FP, i get an error message "IPC timed out all retried".

I have tried FPs from CaptainSim and FSX.

I apologise if that has already been resolved elsewhere, but I couldn't find a search option in the forums.

Cheers.

fs has to be running, before you click the start rc button.

the manual has this all documented.

and not just lauched, but running. not on a menu. but plane at the gate. not on a select a plane menu, but clock on the panel clicking away. THEN you can click the start rc button

jd

Hi JD. Cheers for your suggestion.

I tried that and it's still giving the error.

I have gone thru the manual and can't see where I am going wrong.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers.

Is RC and FS on the same workstation? Have you installed the latest FSUIPC?

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

IPC time out is an fsuipc or RC message regarding RC and fsuipc (in your fs\modules folder) not being able to communicate. It can also occur from an overload of your PC resources (timing or RAM). Try a default aircraft and airport and nothing else running except RC and FS with a loaded flight.

Later versions of fsuipc allowed more response time before declaring a time-out.

Be sure RC and FS are not blocked from windows inter processing communication by any security applications that occur.

Please add to your profile here your pc and sim information (so it shows up like mine). AVSIM rules state it can not be put in your tag.