Sign in to follow this  
brad9825

GTX 670 (4GB) or GTX 760 (4GB)? both for $250 on craigslist

well the 760 is brand new and the 670 is used and he doesnt need it

I would be very careful. It's Craigslist after all. If the guy ends up selling you junk, consider it a loss and be prepared to move on.

The 670 is very slightly faster than the 760.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

250 and 670 buy it but want test it out and make sure the card works for 250. Seller does not like that option then I would pass on it for the price. Maybe if money no object offer 200 without testing. Got 760 gtx and not bad gpu that will on store shelves for a while.

So i should go with the 670? Cause i mean they both are 4 gb if that makes a difference?

Being used asside, yes for FSX the 670 is a better card.

The 670 is very slightly faster than the 760.

Not sure what your experience was but mine was that card cant keep up if you want to use high settings and decent AA and Alpha AA, the 670 seems like almost twice the card than the 760 in FSX though it should be right there, something holding it back YMMV.

What I want of course is the 780.

Not sure what your experience was but mine was that card cant keep up if you want to use high settings and decent AA and Alpha AA, the 670 seems like almost twice the card than the 760 in FSX though it should be right there, something holding it back YMMV.

What I want of course is the 780.

At 1920x1080 and 16xS FSAA, I found performance of my GTX 670 identical to my old GTX 460 1GB. FSX is so CPU bound, being released in the age when the GeForce 8800-series ruled, 7 years ago, that even mid-range cards are enough unless you're pushing multiple displays.

In modern, GPU-bound games where the GTX 460 was struggling, the GTX 670 was a massive improvement over the GTX 460.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

At 1920x1080 and 16xS FSAA, I found performance of my GTX 670 identical to my old GTX 460 1GB. FSX is so CPU bound, being released in the age when the GeForce 8800-series ruled, 7 years ago, that even mid-range cards are enough unless you're pushing multiple displays.

In modern, GPU-bound games where the GTX 460 was struggling, the GTX 670 was a massive improvement over the GTX 460.

You lost me at 460 1GB .... Try good Alpha AA with one of those in FSX...