Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco

VHF-NAV and INS Failure switches

HI,

In my B742 panel I put two guarded with three positions switches: the VHF-NAV failure switch and the INS failure switch. By those switches it's simulated the possibility in case of VHF-NAV1 or VHF-NAV2 failure 

to swap the inoperative VHF-NAV with the VHF-NAV3.The same for the INS1 and INS2.As in the real B742.

By the two switches a Flag on the Cpt HSI and FO HSI announces 1 or 2 or 3 to indicate which is the VHF-NAV or which is the INS  feeding the data to the related HSI.

Both Flags are working properly but it's very strange that they cannot work simultaneously. It's operative only the Element last inserted in the HSI file. 

The HSI file is too big and it's not possible to attach at this post.So I'm attaching of this file only the two related Flag Elements and the VHF-NAV Failure switch with value(L:NAV,bool). 

The INS Failure switch is quite the same but its value is (L:INS,bool).

Thanks for your help.

Gianfranco

(L:Nav,bool) and you are checking 3 values in your case statement. Bool (short for Boolean) should either be true or false.

It would be good practice to use (L:Nav,enum). Although, to be honest I don't think it makes much difference when it comes to FSX (using a proper language like C++ it would make a difference).

<visible>{ (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC,radians) /-/ }</visible>

Case syntax is incorrect (should be Visible and /Visible).

Visible could should be testing for either a true (anything except 0) or false (equals 0 ) value. I don't think you code is doing this. If it is true then image will be displayed, if not then it won't. 

www.antsairplanes.com

Changed Bool with Enum but the result is always the same. Anyway I'm using FS9.

This makes no sense at all:

<visible>{ (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC,radians) /-/ 
}</visible>

First of all, braces "{" are incorrect syntax.

Secondly, this A:variable will always be true, so there is no point in using it!

Just remove both lines entirely to eliminate useless clutter.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK.I removed both lines entirely but the real problem remains.

Why it works only the last inserted Element. And why if I switch the order of the insertion in the file the new last works and the other one stops working? 

I can't honestly say I'm too sure what you are trying to do. But. Looking at the Failure Switch 1 I can see these issues which raise a few questions.

1. The first element section draw an image at position 0,0

2. The second element then draws another image in the exact same location. Are these images (ie Cpt1Fo2Guard.bmp and Cpt1F02notguard.bmp) meant to overwrite whatever is drawn with the first element? Or are they meant to overlay.

I guess Cpt1Fo2Guard.bmp places a guard over the switch (which should work). But what is Cpt1F02notguard.bmp doing in the second element especially when you have already used the image in one of your L:Nav conditions?

Again, I would be tempted to remove the case value=1 in the second element (assuming I have figured out correctly what you are trying to do).

If the second element is merely placing a guard over the switch then  I would rewrite it:

<Element>
      <Select>
         <Visible>(L:Guard1,enum) 0 == </Visible>

<Image Name="Cpt1Fo2Guard.bmp" Bright="yes" />
      </Select>
   </Element>

www.antsairplanes.com