Sign in to follow this  
Echo52

PFPX and Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Together - WOW!

Yesterday I used a PFPX flight plan from LZIB to LIME for the PMDG MD-11F.  I exported one copy of the flight plan to the PMDG Flight plan folder.  I exported another copy to the default Microsoft Flight Simulator X flight plan folder.  So far, so good.  I fired up Aivlasoft EFB and activated the FSX default flight plan I had saved a few minutes earlier.  The EFB serves two purposes.  It is a very detailed and beautiful flight following program (I run it on a second monitor) and it gives me a tremendous amount of information (SIDS, STARS, approaches, airports, runways, navaids, etc).   When you select  and activate an approach, the flight following screen will show your airplane fly across the approach plate (plan view and profile view).  WOW!

I am thrilled these programs (PFPX and EFB) are working so well together days before the release of the PMDG 777.  EFB may be an excellent temporary fix for those who wanted an EFB in the 777.  It gives you a lot of the same information.  Take advantage of the 30 day free trial Aivlasoft offers.  You won't regret it.

It is awesome isn't it, EFB may be expensive but it's the single most useful app I have installed for FS use.

Cheers, Andy.

Thank you for that Ed, as I too have had Aivalsoft's EFB as my sole route planner and mapper for a long time now and it is good to read your feedback that the two integrate so well.

Edited by vc10man

You don't have to print a PFPX map.  In EFB you will see a map that is just as good.  Very accurate because they have the same source.  The automatic zoom and screen switching is stunning.

Hello,

Just one question: as i'm using two monitors on full screen mode it seems that's impossible to show EFB at the same time...except using a second computer, or flying in windowed mode, is that right ?

Thanks

Cedric

Yes that's true no matter what external to FSX application you want to run along side the sim.

Cheers, Andy.