Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKorhonen

Turboprop pitch rate of change

I've been editing the FS KBT Lockheed L-188 Electra to handle better on the ground. Initially, it accelerated way too quickly the instant I even cracked the throttles. I got that under control by adjusting beta_min to a lower value. However, I'm still having some trouble with the thrust reversers - the prop pitch rate of change is way too rapid, and this results in some rather aggressive.. should I say, maneuvers, when activating or deactivating the reversers. It's like slamming on the brakes or pushing the gas pedal all the way down in a high performance car.

What parameter do I need to change in the aircraft.cfg to make the transition to reverse and back a bit smoother? Or is there a way to put the props to negative pitch and then use the throttle to adjust the amount or reverse thrust, instead of it automatically applying full power?

Unfortunately there is no entry for reverse in the aircraft.cfg except for reverse power, the command itself is based on throttle axis. Normally the throttle axis is 0 to 16384 for forward thrust and reverse is  0 to -4096 (25% reverse power).

If you use the keyboard or a button on your controller try using a different assignment.

F2 = THROTTLE_DECR (This is what's normally used for reverse)

F3 = THROTTLE_INCR_SMALL <-- Use this to get out of reverse instead of the throttle controller or..

Num_9 = INCREASE_THROTTLE

Num_3 = DECREASE_THROTTLE <-- Try this to go into reverse instead of F2

Or is there a way to put the props to negative pitch and then use the throttle to adjust the amount or reverse thrust, instead of it automatically applying full power?

Without a registered version of FSUIPC or some kind of advanced controller program, no. With a registered FSUIPC and a small LUA script one could do exactly what you want. Many months ago I created this script that does just that. It is now broken though and have to return to fix it.. The readme is attached just to let you know what could be done.

P.S. - Another thought... A 3 state switch (up = slowly get out of reverse, spring loaded center = no function, down = slowly go into reverse) can be made with XML and be applied to the cockpit panel.

Edited by spokes2112

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap