Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

PMDG 777 and opus time compression

Stephen/Cheryl :P Is opus going to support PFPX? If you elect NOT to extend the server subscription, PFPX will still be fully functional, but without real-time data such as Winds, METAR, TAF, Tracks and NOTAMs. Other sources, like ActiveSky and RealEnvironment Extreme and your saved weather data and tracks will still be functional! You can elect to extend your subscription at any time, even if it already has expired!

You can already export your flight plan from PFPX into OpusFSX. Download the latest beta posted this morning.

In addition OpusFSX support is planned in a future version of PFPX. Its not down to us when they implement the OpusFSX weather option. We have already supplied details of our report files and offered to prepare any form of data or report they require.

Cheryl

Everyone reporting latest beta after the 1300 Zulu posting is working OK and importing with no problems into the 777.

Stephen

i dont know how to let the OPUS FSX Create the .wx file so i can import the wx data to my PMDG777 :wacko:

You should have GRIB data enabled.

You must enter or Import your flight plan into Opus, then the FP must be Processed.

Specify your Destination and Cruise Altitude, then Update the weather.

Only after this will Opus be able to generate the file.

There is no need to cut and paste anything. Press WIND DATA REQUEST on the WIND page in the airplane and it will automatically load these values into the FMC. Note that it is best if your cruise altitude is already entered on the PERF INIT page before you do this as it helps the PMDG algorithm narrow down the correct altitudes to use.

If you are using PFPX to generate your flight plan then it must be exported in two formats, one for the PMDG 777 to its dedicated folder, and one in FSX .pln format to your docs/FS/ folder so Opus can read it.

Cheryl

You should have GRIB data enabled.

You must enter or Import your flight plan into Opus, then the FP must be Processed.

Specify your Destination and Cruise Altitude, then Update the weather.

Only after this will Opus be able to generate the file.

There is no need to cut and paste anything. Press WIND DATA REQUEST on the WIND page in the airplane and it will automatically load these values into the FMC. Note that it is best if your cruise altitude is already entered on the PERF INIT page before you do this as it helps the PMDG algorithm narrow down the correct altitudes to use.

If you are using PFPX to generate your flight plan then it must be exported in two formats, one for the PMDG 777 to its dedicated folder, and one in FSX .pln format to your docs/FS/ folder so Opus can read it.

Cheryl

I try it thousand times but notting why??

You will have to help us out here.

Have you checked your Upper Atmosphere weather report ?

Do you actually have GRIB Data downloaded and decoded ?

Have you specified or Imported your flight plan into Opus via the Flight Plan Options dialog ?

If yes, then did you Process the Flight Plan and see all the Nav points and waypoints listed in the window ?

If you are then just Update the weather and the wx file will be generated. You must of course be sat on the ground, have the PMDG 777 aircraft selected and process a valid flight plan WITH GRIB data. Please check.

Are you using the latest beta version of the software ?

Also make sure you set all weather defaults in all the Opus dialogs and specify your Cruise Altitude (must be above 6000 feet).

Have you checked our Announcements on SimForums ?

Stephen

You will have to help us out here.

Have you checked your Upper Atmosphere weather report ?

Do you actually have GRIB Data downloaded and decoded ?

Have you specified or Imported your flight plan into Opus via the Flight Plan Options dialog ?

If yes, then did you Process the Flight Plan and see all the Nav points and waypoints listed in the window ?

If you are then just Update the weather and the wx file will be generated. You must of course be sat on the ground, have the PMDG 777 aircraft selected and process a valid flight plan WITH GRIB data. Please check.

Are you using the latest beta version of the software ?

Also make sure you set all weather defaults in all the Opus dialogs and specify your Cruise Altitude (must be above 6000 feet).

Have you checked our Announcements on SimForums ?

Stephen

CjfizkG.png

Upper Atmosphere weather report. (Checked)

^ Yes i have the GRIB Data downloaded and decoded (Checked)

ax2rc0X.png

eXBhy0K.png

GC7CYRx.png

jFp6OdH.png

i updated my weather but when i look into the "FSX>PMDG>WX" Notting:(

Yess i have the latest Version of Opus, i downloaded it Yesterday!

Check the content of your OpusPMDGData.txt text file in the OpusFSX\Themes folder. Is your wx data in this file. If so then its a simple case of not being able to copy this file into your <FSX>\PMDG\WX folder. Perhaps its a sharing and permissions issue. But check the OpusPMDGData.txt text file content first.

Stephen

Is the aircraft sat on the ground when you update the weather?

I will be looking to change this soon.

Stephen

Check the content of your OpusPMDGData.txt text file in the OpusFSX\Themes folder. Is your wx data in this file. If so then its a simple case of not being able to copy this file into your <FSX>\PMDG\WX folder. Perhaps its a sharing and permissions issue. But check the OpusPMDGData.txt text file content first.

Stephen

Is the aircraft sat on the ground when you update the weather?

I will be looking to change this soon.

Stephen

MBaFz7I.png

i do not see the "OpusPMDGData.txt"

Aircraft is loaded at KSFO at the Gate.

Can you confirm you are running the latest Beta version of the software. Not the release or upgrade version, it must be the Beta version and should be at least Beta Version 3.31.4.

Stephen

Can you confirm you are running the latest Beta version of the software. Not the release or upgrade version, it must be the Beta version and should be at least Beta Version 3.31.4.

Stephen

i think there is te prob. i have the upgrade version