Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vc10man

New Install Crashing

Having just completely re-formatetdmad re-installed the OS, I keep getting this CTD with a BCCode 124 error. Anyone any idea what is causing this. Previoulsy I had it flaggging up every time Firefox 21 went belly-up within minutes of surfing. Reverted to version 18.01, and this happens again. When I switch to IE, no CTDs.

Help?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think we need some more info from you before we can help.  I check out your computer specs, but doesn't specify if it's overclocked.   You should also download this nifty little program I use when I build my systems and OC them.  http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html    If you go to some of the overclocking websites (regardless if you overclocked or not) they will often have a list of what these BSOD codes mean. 

Hi Dylan

Many thanks for your reply. I'd given up checking this thread. I've indeed o/c'd only mildly to 3.02 GHz.

Attached is the Windows error flag after a re-boot. Always happens when I'm using Firefox 23 and when I'm surfing. All of a sudden the mouse pointer will freeze and it automatically goes into a re-boot with that error flag showing up.