Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nixon

Test equipment and strange sound!

Hi

I have just completed my first 777 flight from EDDP to EGNX in the Aerologic cargo 777. I haven't changed any options but when in the locked spot view on the stand at EDDP the two test drogues were hanging down from the tailplane. I checked in the PMDG option page and  the test equipment was not selected. The engines were not running and I had loaded the long turn round state and was using the ground operations option with a turn round time of 40 mins. When I reached the active runway I again switched to locked spot view and the drogues had disappeared. On arriving at East Midlands (EGNX) and after turning of the engines, hydraulics etc the test drogues reappeared. I then used FS recorder to view the last half hour of the flight and when in the air with the engines running the drogues were missing. As I turned onto stand I switched to locked spot and the drogues were not present. As soon as the engines were switched off the drogues once again reappeared.

I also had  an intermittent beep sound. This first started at approx 10,000ft as I approached EGNX as I turned outbound downwind the sound stopped when I was about eight miles from the airport. I again noticed the beep as I turned  of the runway. I used the cockpit clock to time the interval at 10 secs. This carried on until I shut down the engines. On the reply the sound appeared on the downwind segment but not during the taxi phase.

I am also using VOXATC with the first office enabled and I have hadn't had any issues with VOXATC and the PMDG Jetstream, NGX or MD11.

I am interested in finding out If anyone else as had similar issues or if they are known problems. If not I will then submit a ticket.

Have just found the OOM thread and I guess the beep sound is related to that.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am interested in finding out If anyone else as had similar issues or if they are known problems. If not I will then submit a ticket.

Are you running FSX as an admin?

Yes and the path is C:\FSX. In fact Ryan kindly remotely installed Win 764bit FSX etc for me almost two years ago. I now think the sound blip is an OOM problem.I will change some settings for that and save them for when I fly the 777. Whilst I can live with test package problem I would of course be happier if it could be resolved.