Sign in to follow this  
ysfsim

Ai Traffic problems

Thrice I encountered a situation where radar contact freezes traffic infront of me and behind me as I wait to be cleared to the runway. I thought the traffic freeze only happens when on final etc, no when taxiing. A few hours ago I was in ATL, approaching 9L. There were three other planes ahead of me waiting. After I get in line, I notice the guy on the runway is not taking off at all. I run Traffic toolbox and find that he was put in slew by RC. I un slew it and he takes off. The next plane ahead of me wont move either. I have interact with Ai enabled but Ai chatter is disabled. I rather hear the default atc interacting with the Ai. do I have to have ai chatter enabled as well for this to work properly? Is there a way around it?

i would have to see a log. rc will stop an ai in front of you on the taxi, clear him to take the runway, release him, and let him position. then he will freeze him before he start rolling, clear him for takeoff, and then release him. this behavior is normal, and expected.

if there planes between you and the plane that is freezing, i'm not sure it's me that's freezing him.

you would have to make a log, details pinned at the top of the forum. then duplicate the problem. zip up the log and send it to me. you will also need to include the ai by name that you are reffering to, that is having the issue you describe, so i can see where and what happens to him in the log.

also, make sure you have the latest version of makerwys.exe installed in the root directory of fs. after the latest version is installed, click the rebuild rc scenery database button, inside rc. do not run makerwys.exe on it's own

jd

. . . .

also, make sure you have the latest version of makerwys.exe installed in the root directory of fs. after the latest version is installed, click the rebuild rc scenery database button, inside rc. do not run makerwys.exe on it's own

jd

unless your RC is on a client over WideFS to an FS host pc. Then run makerwys.exe directly in your FS folder first before running RC's scenery rebuild on the client.

The reason that you shouls always use the latest makerwys.exe is to insure proper scenery priority is observed and that airport geometric data is then properly copied from your FS folder to RCv4 or rcv4x\data folder. Knowing accurate where your aircraft and ai are placed in relation to your scenery is critical for RC operations.