Sign in to follow this  
Airbusman330

The two biggest causes for the ap disconnect alarm complaints

Yes it largely stems from people not reading at least the introductory manual but I also fault other payware addons that cancel the alarm for you which probably gives people the wrong impression that pilots don't have to cancel it themselves.

Disconnecting using the big AP Disconnect Bar on the MCP is a problem too.

People really need to set up some joystick/Yoke buttons for useful things like Autopilot Disconnect (Don't need an Autopilot "on" button, there's an MCP for that). I'm amazed some people still have joystick buttons set up to change views (Assigned basically letter S) The stick should be for essential flying things, I will give hatswitch for views as useful, but S key is not, you have a keyboard for that.

I have the following buttons.

Trigger = FSinn push to talk.

Trim up/down buttons & Autopilot disconnect near thumb.

FSinn Transponder & Rudder Trim buttons

Autothrottle disconnect button & TOGA Button.

HatSwitch viewfinder.

Anything else is extra. If you don't have the above, then it's gonna be harder.

I'm amazed that people don't know that you need to silence the alarm. We'v had that on the NGX afterall. Maybe the 1.5 seconds between disconnect and cancel alarm requirement is the new thing?