Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tino

She's alot to handle!

Hello guys,

I purchased the 777 last night and took it through a couple test flights. Let me tell you that I have A LOT of reading to do lol. Coming from the NGX, I was definitely not ready to jump right in. She’s a lot to handle and I was amazed how much power it has over the 737. It literally caught me off guard.  :wacko:

I just wanted to say congratulations PMDG on a wonderful bird! I'm going to be enjoying the long hauls!

Now… back to reading… since my first 777 test frame is already written off…… *Cough* hard landing *Cough*  :ph34r:

Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had some hair raisers too! I think i've derated every takeoff by 20% so far because I feel guilty about the tiny amount of runway it uses up and the flaps just roll straight up.... Insane power on this aircraft but I guess it was built for the longer range flights.

Whenever I want to test something I usually fly empty with around 40k lbs of fuel and use TO2 if it's available and 99 degrees, takeoff is a little bit tamer but it still climbs like crazy, beast this one.

I think i've derated every takeoff by 20% so far because I feel guilty about the tiny amount of runway it uses up and the flaps just roll straight up....

It's funny you mention that. I didn't think it felt normal at first when using non-derated takeoffs. I'm getting better at setting a 20% buffer as well. I purchased nice scenery, i want to use the runways!  :lol: Still a rocket though! 

Cheers,