Sign in to follow this  
FastCheetah702

Removing the menu selection

Anyone here manage to remove the menu selection, the one with the 0,1,2,3 selection, yet able to complete the whole ATC process by just tunning to the correct radio freq?

As long as you use the correct phraseology and are in the appropriate section of the flight, I believe that you just contact the controller and make your requests.

I've not tried everything but that's how I request higher and lower attitudes.

It's possible that the menu just gives you the prompts for what's available and when, but I am not sure as I am a relatively new user.

Regards Mike

As long as you use the correct phraseology and are in the appropriate section of the flight, I believe that you just contact the controller and make your requests.

I've not tried everything but that's how I request higher and lower attitudes.

It's possible that the menu just gives you the prompts for what's available and when, but I am not sure as I am a relatively new user.

Regards Mike

I will try to test it out and see what happen, I am new to it too. :)

It didn't work, for example if you call for Mayday Mayday Mayday during enroute, the ATC will not understand you if you do not pre-select emergency in the menu. :(

Anyone who have purchased the non-trial version please confirm that it is what I observed. I would like to buy it to practice ATC phasology in preparation for my ppl course. So any information from you guys will be really helpful. Thanks :)

Hi, it certainly works with higher /lower requests so I guess it is a bit selective. I am away from my simpit for a week but when I get time I will check it more thoroughly.

Mike

Ps I don't think that the trial and full versions have any functionality differences.

Hi, it certainly works with higher /lower requests so I guess it is a bit selective. I am away from my simpit for a week but when I get time I will check it more thoroughly.

Mike

Ps I don't think that the trial and full versions have any functionality differences.

Thanks pipsara.

I am aware that the trial and full version is the same. But I would not want to buy if it does not work for my purpose.

Some cases from my test :

1. During enroute, double voices when tuned to ATC at some NZ air space. This could be due to the scenery radio setup problem.

2. Mayday Mayday Mayday need to select from menu.

3. Long message for example, Tango Charlie one four five at altitude 7000 5 hundred landing Hastings , 99% cannot work the first time you say it.

4. VFR AI traffic will not give way to you, I always have to avoid them even though I call my position first. AI aircraft will also not give way for other AI aircrafts.

5. Some AI GA aircraft flying in zig-zac over the runway as though it can't decide what to do.

6. AI aircraft infront of me in taxi to takeoff will delete itself when I am cleared by Ground to cross holding runway.

Just some cases I experienced during VFR flights. Hope other can share their findings. Cheers.