Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Default Trans Alt

I've accessed this item from the FMS>PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>EUIPMENT menu and set it to the Trans Alt in Australia ie 10,000ft.

However, each time I'm inputting data for a new flight within Australia, I notice in the VNAV page of the FMS, that the default is still showing as 18,000ft as in the USA. (ie Climb page, and Descend Forecast page).

Can anyone enlighten me please as to why this may be occurring?

Much appreciated.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Are you loading a panel state? A value in the panel state could be overriding the default value set in the FMC.

John Sturm

Hi John,

I'm loading the default PMDG "Short" panel state.

Even so, within the PMDG settings, before I commence inputing all the flight data into the FMS, I check the default trans alt setting and it is showing as 10,000 (precisely as I had set it).

Are you suggesting I save my own panel state with the default setting at 10,000 and that should do?

Thanks in advance...

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

OK Martin,

so it's not just me....phew!

I wonder if Ryan (Tabs) has marked this yet as a possible glitch for technical to look at.

Steve

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

It's not a glitch - the NGX worked the same way. We have no way of knowing whether the panel state value or the livery default value should take precedence, so we decided on the panel state. You should be double checking the value anyway and setting it to the local value where you're departing from.

In real life this is a moot point because the transition altitude data is actually in the navdata and is loaded automatically. When we finally update our navdata format to the ARINC 424 standard we'll have that sort of functionality too and the option will go away.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thx Ryan!

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers