Sign in to follow this  
Mickf1

737NGX intermittent problem with MCP

A weird one for anyone who can help please?

Sometimes when calling speed or altitude calls from a "just started" FSX session the FO sets the wrong value but consistently i.e. from startup, altitude is set to 10000 as default, call for "altitude 6000" results in a setting of 16000. Repeating the command results in a setting of 22000, repeat again 28000. Same with speed calls, it's like the FO is reading the NGX data as 0 and then adding the value repeatedly.

I checked the 737NGX_Options.ini file and

[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

are present.

Restarting MCE sometimes fixes the problem.

Un-install and re-install has not cured the problem.

Is it a problem with the MCE/NGX SDK interface? Are there any logging options to narrow it down? Don't you just hate intermittents?

Thanks,

Mick Force

MCE 2.5.62

NGX SP1c

A weird one for anyone who can help please?

Sometimes when calling speed or altitude calls from a "just started" FSX session the FO sets the wrong value but consistently i.e. from startup, altitude is set to 10000 as default, call for "altitude 6000" results in a setting of 16000. Repeating the command results in a setting of 22000, repeat again 28000. Same with speed calls, it's like the FO is reading the NGX data as 0 and then adding the value repeatedly.

I checked the 737NGX_Options.ini file and

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

are present.

Restarting MCE sometimes fixes the problem.

Un-install and re-install has not cured the problem.

Is it a problem with the MCE/NGX SDK interface? Are there any logging options to narrow it down? Don't you just hate intermittents?

Thanks,

Mick Force

MCE 2.5.62

NGX SP1c

It can happen sometimes when you start MCE before the NGX has finished initializing itself.

Avoid giving verbal commands until you see "[MCE] ready to go"  in red font 

No need to re-install NGX, FSX or MCE.

Make sure "fsx.exe" is set to run as administrator.