Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Trouble with Richard Probst panel...pls help!

I tried using Richard Probst's panel with Erick Cantu's new 727, and for some reason it is making the rudder on the 727 jump around a whole bunch. When I am in external view the rudder is reverse from the way I am turning it. It isn't a problem with FSUIPC, because it doesn't happen with any other plane or some second rate panel that I am using now.Thanks in advance,Brian Bash :-wave

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Brian,check if yaw_damper_gain in aircraft.cfg is set to 1 . I think it must be set to 1 to control the yaw damper via ctrl+d or via the panel switches.Ron

Thanks, but I checked my aircraft.cfg file, and it is set at 1. Thanks for the help though, anymore ideas?

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Guest Stan V

Brian,I had the same problrm with the same aircraft-panel combination and traced it back to the spi gauge (Gauge48) in Richard's panel. Try deactivating that gauge by temporarily inserting a double slash in front of the gauge statement, and you should then have a steady rudder. My choice of a more permanent fix was to substitute a similar gauge from Ken Mitchell's panel, i.e.,727KM_SPI. It is available on AVSIM in a file called 727KM_pnl.zip. Just make all the size and placement parameters in the new gauge statement the same as they were in Richard's gauge statement and everything is back in order.Interesting enough, the issue seems to affect only Erick's latest models. Use Richard Probst's upgraded panel with an earlier FFX model of the 727-200 and the problem does not occur.Good luck,Stan V.

Guest lalo lolo1

Well, it seems all of us are trying this AC with this panel. Great package, except that it has another problem, the rudder not only keeps on moving (Brian I'll try you solution), but also it does not respond to commands. I made a flight some minutes ago and needed to do some sharp turns, but the rudder didn't help me at all. A shame since I am starting to like the FDEs better than the CS727 one (this AC is way more stable).Brian, do you think the solution will also fix the rudder operation?Thanks,Leo

Hi all,I'm using Eric's wonderful new 727 with Probst's v3 panel (with upgrade for fs9). I'm also having the rudder fluctuation problems when sitting on the ground, but I'll try remarking out that particular gauge as per the recommendation earlier in this post.In flight I'm experiencing the non-responsive rudder also. What's strange though, is that it steers quite fine in the ground with the rudder (CH Products USB Pro Pedals).If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it!Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest lalo lolo1

Scott,The gauge replacement as indicated in this thread solves both problems. The rudder works perfectly well on the ground and in the air.Get Ken Salter 727 panel (it is in Flightsim) and replace the gauge.Leo

Leo,Thanks for the reply and information!Take care,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest RProbst

You can get the most current version at http://tinmouse.org/727/index.html that will fix this and several other problems with FS9.There's also very nice air files from Charles Fox.Both files are still in testing, but you're welcome to give them a try.

Thanks for the heads-up about the air files. Just grabbed them and will give them a try this evening.Regards,ScottKJMS

Scott Cebula

Guest Paragon

These air files are they better than the ones that come with the new 727 from Erick?

OK I must be missing something stupid here...I'm not getting any of the interior sounds, from the gauges...i.e., the trim sounds, the altimeter vibrator thingy, etc...I removed the old panel, then reinstalled the gauge to FS9/GAUGES, the sounds to FS9/SOUND, and of course the new panel in FSFSCONV.Any ideas ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi!You mentioned installing it to FSFSCONV folder. What worked for me was to install it exactly as per the instructions in the readme file. It will set a panel folder in your fs9aircraft folder. The panel files will be within that folder.Also, at the "other" flightsim site, on the main page is a link to a very good tutorial on how to mate Eric's 727 with v4 of the Probst panel. I followed that and have not had any problems.Regards,ScottKJMS

Scott Cebula

Ummm...In the readme is says to install to FSFSCONV/panel.b727.The panel works, all gauges are present and functional, I'm just not getting any gauge sounds.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Paragon

Yea I lost my sounds too...I will look over at flightsim.com for the tutorial, thanks...why do people keep saying at the "other" site, when clearly everyone knows what is talked about plus it's not like it's big secret that there are other flightsim sights.