Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

View Mode Switching

Guest av84fun

I got a BILLION hits when I searched on this so let me just post away. When attempting to switch from full screen to window mode and then back to full screen, I get a black screen with a flickering hour glass.I've tried Alt/Enter instead of the tool bar method and that works sometimes but as often as not it doesn't work. On a software support forum here it was suggested that I try alt/tab but that didn't work at all, in the sense that the view mode doesn't switch out of full screen at all.I'm asking because a very popular add-on requires view mode switching to function and it just ain't workin' for me.Any others with this same problem?Thanks,Jim

Guest mruane

JimI get a similar thing switching between full screen and windowed mode. This has only happened since installing my new video card. I also use ALT-ENTER to switch. However after 15 or 20 secs it displays correctly. So how long are you waiting for the video mode changeover to occur?

Jim,I believe this is a video driver issue and you may find a more permanent solution in a different driver. I did find that toggling the software Anti-Aliasing setting on or off would restore the display.Doug

Guest JoeW

Turn Anti-Aliasing off in FS9 and on in the driver software....That worked in mine.Joe w.

Guest av84fun

Yes, Jim & Ken, using ctrl/alt/del was exactly the workaround. THANKS!Jim