Sign in to follow this  
Raimo I

Weird looking textures

Hi.

Im pretty sure that there is something wrong with my 777 as I have asked others and they seem not do report the issue. Some surfaces get very weird when flood light is applied. Help/advice very much appreciated. See attached pictures.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/raimoingland/2013-9-21_23-18-26-532_zpsa901bdc9.png

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/raimoingland/2013-9-23_1-10-35-476_zps13ced5d8.png

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/raimoingland/2013-9-23_1-10-48-309_zpsa5b909d0.png

I cant really see what you are talking about but if you are talking about the shadow pattern effect that happens when you adjust the brightness of the flooding then this normal.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

There are several adjustable lights, including one on the pedestal (rear/right). So if you turn up the lights on the main panel, the lights shining down onto the throttles do not necessarily come up. Find the light switch you want and turn it up.

Since the resolution on your pictures is small, are you getting blurries on text? Can't see it in the pic well enough.

If you're wondering why some areas are bright and others are dark... There are only certain lightbulbs available, and they cast light to specific areas. you can adjust their brightness up and down if required, but can't make it cast light where the bulbs aren't pointed at. I have seen some occasional, 'pixilation' with the shaders trying to graduate between bright and dim in some settings, but if you use the "Off" "Full" and "Half" positions it seems fine.

Hey guys, thanks for answers. Somewhy pictures are small, yes, so Ill try to get full resolution pictures up soon.

Thanks for your answers.

Ok, here are some better pictures (click to enlarge). It is especially pronounced on the second picture on ECL control touchpad and aisle. Seems like flood light is trying to apply some light on to these objects but it draws some weird grid not smooth blending.

2013-9-21_23-18-26-532.jpg

2013-9-23_1-10-48-309.jpg

I see what you're getting at.  I'm pretty sure this is a tradeoff to get a nice blending effect without too much of a hit on frames.  Then again, it could be a texture max load issue or something else, based on your slightly blurred text.

Kyle Rodgers