Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

PMDG_INTERFACE.DLL

With my system running 32bit Vista OS, one of the things I do to reduce VAS usage is to manually load my startup dll's in the dll.xml fil (By setting ManalLoad to True) On one occasion running theT7, I inadvertently said no to loading the PMDG_INTERFACE.dll fle., but the 777 loaded fine, and everything went as expected. all functions worked, RAAS, Terrain, ECL, etc... No problems whatsoever. I've run other flights the same way, with no issue. So my question is what does this DLL do, and is it really needed, as I could sure use the extra VAS?

Thanks

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

PMDG_INTERFACE.dll is included for a reason.

The most important thing you will notice if you disable PMDG_INTERFACE.dll is that you will have problems when loading 777 saved flights. The flights will load but the corresponding panel state file will be ignored and all the switches/systems etc. will be in their default state and not in the state they were saved.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

PMDG_INTERFACE.dll is included for a reason.

The most important thing you will notice if you disable PMDG_INTERFACE.dll is that you will have problems when loading 777 saved flights. The flights will load but the corresponding panel state file will be ignored and all the switches/systems etc. will be in their default state and not in the state they were saved.

Thanks for the explanation, that would account for why I haven't seen any negative affects yet, since I rarely save my flights. I usually fly them start to finish!!

Thanks

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I run without loading PMDG_Interface.dll as I always start Cold&Dark.

Is there anything else that requires this dll to be loaded?

does it add a PMDG menu in FSX ?