Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

PS3 Controller

Ok I got an Xbox 360 wireless gaming controller and have deleted all joystick and axis assignments in FSX. LCC works fine but when I try to view my OpusFSX External Views, there is stuttering effect in sim as I cycle views. I use to be able to cycle through my Opus cameras smoothly but not anymore. I also notice that in some Opus external views I have LCC and in others I don't. LCC works fine in the VC. Any suggestions on how to eliminate the stuttering Opus views?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

There is no eye point control in all types of views. FSX only allows the eye point to be adjusted in VC, 2D, and Custom External views, in other words the Opus Custom External Aircraft view. No software can alter the eye point in other external views such as spot plane.

The LCC will not be causing stutter unless a dead zone is needed to be configured into the controllers axes. Try setting a dead zone in the Shortcuts - LCC dialog to see if that is causing it. There are over three thousand people using the latest LCC control software with no reported problems so I would suspect you need to just look at the configuration. Try a dead zone if needed.

Stephen

Hi Stephen

So I should get LCC in ALL my Opus Custom External Aircraft views but unfortunately I am not. Does LCC automatically work with the Opus Custom External Aircraft views?

When I cycle through the FSX external views (ie. spot, locked spot, flyby) there is no stuttering but when I cycle through my Opus Custom External Aircraft views there is stuttering. I will try the dead zone as you have suggested.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

The software cannot determine what views are displayed when you cycle through them, only when you select them using their assigned button or key. The cycling is a purely internal FSX function and the view interface is very primitive. So LCC should work on any LC view selected or any cockpit view, whose view mode can be determined.

The fact that the jitteriness stops in views that cannot be controlled then I would suspect you need to specify a suitable dead zone to stop the axis inputs fluctuating about zero and causing eye point movements. I believe other people using XBox controllers have needed to specify dead zones as the axes do exhibit quite a bit of noise.

Stephen :-)

Hi,

This is giving me grief.

Please could you provide a link to the driver download or confirm that I need to use joyinmotion.

Our maybe I should be using a simple joystick?

Thanks.

Chris Stanley VTCC

I am on a flying trip in France at the moment. LCC will work with any Opus camera view selected on the display. But the camera view must be selected using either its assigned button or key, or by being the default view when the aircraft is loaded.

You can assign shortcuts to the LCC views via the shortcuts dialog, this includes assigning any Game Controller axis. But with any Game Controller each time it is plugged in FSX will assign functions to the axes and buttons, so you must remove these.

I will be able to help further if you let me know exactly what you have done and are using.

I use a Sony DualShock 2 with the standard driver and all works just fine. Just don't keep removing and plugging it back in.

Stephen

I abandoned the cheap copy game controller and used a Logitech joystick instead. Now all worked just fine. Thanks for the help.

Chris Stanley VTCC