Sign in to follow this  
Maisinator

PMDG 777 and x16 time compression

Hey guys,

I know some of you purists might wish to kill me for this question but I'd like to know how the 777 does at x16 time lapse? I currently fly the 737NGX and use x8 time compression for cruise (I don't fly a route, just direkt from STAR to SID). So how is the general behavior of this beauty at x16 time compression? Is it stable or has it problems to maintain the flight level like the NGX?

Thanks!

So how is the general behavior of this beauty at x16 time compression? Is it stable or has it problems to maintain the flight level like the NGX?

It all depends on your system, honestly.  The function is set up to drop out of compression if something upsets it.  You set the maximum compression you'll allow based on how it's performing on your system, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, nice to know.

But my question isn't about the new time compression feature. Just the general behavior at x16. E.g. you climb to FL350 and speed up using "r" and "+" like it was done before they included the new time compression. No route entered, just one heading you constantly fly. Does the T7 maintain FL350 correctly or does it start to go up and down like the NGX does?

Does the T7 maintain FL350 correctly or does it start to go up and down like the NGX does?

Like I mentioned before, it all depends on your system.

One system is going to compute extended digits to Pi a lot faster than another system.  Likewise, if your system can crunch numbers and code faster than another machine, it'll handle 16x better.  If your hardware is okay with it, it'll fly steadily.  If it's not okay with it, it won't and you'll have to drop it to 8x or 4x limited.

Kyle Rodgers