Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

FSX Rain starts and stops.. on and off

when I'm sitting in rain.. it will rain for about 5 seconds then stop for about 1 or 2 then rain then stops.. off and on constantly.

I just did a fresh install of FSX on my new pooter..  and I remember this from last time I did a new install and I remember I had to change a setting somewhere.. but don't remember.. I'm thinking something in FSUIPC because I did not have AS2012 running when it did this.. I was also online with VATSIM using FSINN.. I don't think that is the culprit.. but...

any ideas?

Ciao!

About the only way to make sure you have solid rain is to select one of the rain themes.  I don't know what's worse, your rain for 5 seconds or rain above clouds with clear blue skies.  It all could be a problem with the weather download.  You won't see this if you use one of the default weather themes or, if you have Orbx products, some of their themes.  I mean, rain is rain and if you want it, this is probably the best way to go.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

soryy.. I forgot to post here.. it was the automatic wx update within FSinn.. once I turned that off and just used VATSIM wx from AS2012  all is good again.

Ciao!

Thanks for posting your solution here.  Glad you were able to find a fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Brian, if you want continuous rain, then you need to come to the UK! :lol:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776