Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Budbud

Stall not recognized fsx

Hi,

I'm trying to perform a stall recovery checkride with the NGX but it seems that despite the buffet warning appears and the stall alert occurs, fsx doesn't display the stall in red characters like if it was not recognized as a stall.

It is bothering because the addon for which I must perform the stall recovery needs fsx to recognize the stall to do the checkride.

When you are in a stall with the NGX, does the red message appear on your system? Should it appear normally or, due to the way the NGX has been programmed it doesn't?

Thanks for you help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The red STALL indication will appear whenever airspeed is less than the stall speed defined in the aircraft.cfg file. This has no effect on anything else so you can edit it to the speed at which the stick shaker for off in the NGX and so get your stall indication for your check ride.

There is no single stall speed for a plane like the 737, it depends on flap setting. So the figure defined in the cfg file can only work for one flap setting. Make it right for the flap position you are using for thus test.

Hi,

Thanks for that reply. 

After dozens of tests, I eventually discovered something:

Fsx recognizes the stall only if on top of pulling on the yoke, I trim the NGX fully up.

Don't know why but at least it works that way.

Thanks for your help.