Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Maximum quality fs9.cfg tweaks?

Anyone know fs9.cfg twekas to increase FS2004 graphics to as high as possible? Can you increase level of autogen, clouds etc. like in fsx.cfg? Since FS2004 runs with 60 fps+ I'd like to have even better graphics than is possible with using the default settings menu.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Anyone know fs9.cfg twekas to increase FS2004 graphics to as high as possible? Can you increase level of autogen, clouds etc. like in fsx.cfg? Since FS2004 runs with 60 fps+ I'd like to have even better graphics than is possible with using the default settings menu.

There are a number of tweak threads here. Recommend you start here and look for the link to Nick's tweak guide for FS9. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/362706-fs9cfg-tweak-guide/

The setting in the config which made the biggest difference for me iwere these three:

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=1500

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21

To get the most out of FS9 graphics use either enbseries or sweetfx (this is easier to change as all settings are explained), you can change sharpness, contrast, saturation, color bias, bloom and lots more!

Regards,

Sascha

Well, all the guides and tips I've found were focused on performance. My goal is opposite. :D

I'll try your advice though.

Well, all the guides and tips I've found were focused on performance. My goal is opposite. :D

I'll try your advice though.

I understood that, the tweaks I posted gave me the max graphics boost, especially sweetfx and enbseries (although you can only use one ;)

Sascha

Exactly what I mean. That is about the only one I've found so far that has any real impact on the look of things.