Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purr

dx10 and leonardo mad dog?

Hi Guys,

Is the Mad Dog dx10 compatible? I was reading that during the day it's fine but at night that some instruments turn fully into white blobs.  I'd love to get this aircraft since I've been hearing great things but it's a real damper is she cant be flown at night in dx10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex M.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ooooooh yes...she can be flown at night......   B)

Come back here after your first attempts at getting her started...

All the Best.

pj

Okay Paul, took the plunge...I really love this aircraft...flight model and details in systems are remarkable! Graphics are a bit dated but for the PFD and ND and most of where you look, it's really sharp. 

Night lighting is pretty much as I described before....digital gauges, PFD, ND Engine instruments all showing as whited out. Seems like during dusk I can make it out but it looks progressively more washed out as night falls. 

I've applied the fixer but nothing further. Ready for suggestions please :rolleyes: !

Alex M.

Tag the aircraft, Alex, using the ToolBox (manual, page 53-54). Browse to the Maddog2008, and the ToolBox will copy the vc.mdl files that are found in each of the four model folders, then create modified copies which will be compatible.

In practice, I've found the overhead somewhat "darkish" - but it's only the switches which are affected: once the power is on, everything will be quite manageable.

Enjoy!

Awesome!  Thanks Paul, I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in this lovely old beast!  Really impressed with the systems detail--even icing simulation--cool!

Thank you very much, you are so helpful on these forums!! 

Alex M.

...that's not what my wife says....... :(

All the Best, now go and learn that FMC!

:lol:

pj