Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manny

Dubai scenery Messed up

10107360873_1f087f9b96_o.jpg

Anyone know whats going on? Suddenly I see this

The only thing I did was install the Orbx AU Blue scneery..but I set NA in the ftx central

Whole bunch of autogen in the middle of the ocean

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Same thing when I am in skiothoes (spl?) Greek islands...too many horticulture in the middle of the ocean

Win 7 Restore point is useless.. I had a restore point set prior to the AU Blue install... but when I tried to restore, it  says it can't. 

This autogen in the middle of the ocean is happening in lots of places..not just Dubai. when I go to Hawaii, same thing...

Could anyone help? before I pull the nuke button and restore from Acronis image backup?

My Terrain.cfg does not have a  [landclass] anymore

Hmmmm!

OK. I recovered just the terrain.cfg from my acronis backup and copied over the [landclass] section to my current terrain.cfg and this  issue is now gone.

Hmm... Interesting

One of my pet peeves with Orbx, is it takes over the terrain cfg. When it goes wrong it sure goes wrong. You would think the orbx install would make a backup of any fsx core files first. But they think they are so good they don't need too.

One of my pet peeves with Orbx, is it takes over the terrain cfg. When it goes wrong it sure goes wrong. You would think the orbx install would make a backup of any fsx core files first

I agree..

from now onwards I need to take a back up of these files as well.

The AU Blue is so old (but I re downloaded it just now from  flightsim store to get the latest and greatest,)  so when I installed it now, it also over wrote the new FTX Central..they have not been keeing their old addon manager updated

I agree..

from now onwards I need to take a back up of these files as well.

The AU Blue is so old (but I re downloaded it just now from  flightsim store to get the latest and greatest,)  so when I installed it now, it also over wrote the new FTX Central..they have not been keeing their old addon manager updated

I found you have to install Orbx products in order according to age. Of course if you went to ask on the forum it would be your fault.

One of the reasons I am still using GEX, because I know it won't mess up everything else. As I do a lot of flying out of Dubai, GEX looks more realistic But that is another story.