Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRAM

In search of laptop PMDG 777 users

Hello guys

I was wondering if someone was running the PMDG 777 and if he had good fps on airports like flightbeam KIAD or Aerosoft LFPG Flytampa Dubai etc on a laptop.

If it is possible could you tell me the type of laptop and the specs aswell as I am in search of a proper laptop which I can do long hauls with and fly this beast with  :unsure:

Regards

I have Asus g750jw pretty happy with it, 777 runs on 22-25 fps on average on flightbeam, fsdt and flytampa airports, maxed settings and ai traffic. Aerosoft, well it depends, fra and ams sucks frame wise, while Zurich, Dusseldorf, munchen, Stockholm, Helsinki run great, and I have horrible performance on uk2000 Heathrow.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Probably out of your price range, but it was definitely a no brainer for me since I'm a professional programmer.

Retina Macbook Pro (2012). 2.6 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GT650M.

If I run it at "normal" laptop resolution settings (i.e 1440x900), framerates are as good as they can get. (25 in most major 3rd party scenery airports). If you don't mind lower frames (~15 FPS), 2880x1800 is simply gorgeous.

I've got the Toshiba Satellite L50A013

i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4GHz, 4GB RAM (has extra slots capable of up to 16gb), NVIDIA GT740M

At 1366x768 at FlyTampa's Dubai, with AI traffic (UT2) the 777 gets around 15fps with setting bars nearly maxed out. I got the laptop at a pretty low $599

Thanks a lot guys, the Apple one is indeed out of range. I was hoping to find a Apple laptop within the price range and able to run the 777.

Any more suggestions are welcome ofcourse!!