Sign in to follow this  
Shayne

New WOAI installed today from files here United/ American problem

For those of you having issues, here is what I recommend...

Go through the readme of the United package.  It will tell you what Aircraft were installed.  Some of them will be tough to make this choice on but others are quite easy.  For all the obvious UA aircraft ie. Airbus, B744, 763 and the 777 PW which CO never operated leave the ATC parking code as UA.  For others if you want them to use the old CO gate codes you can change the ATC parking code to COA in the appropriate section of the .cfg.  This way you only have to make 10-12 changes in the aircraft.cfg opposed to all your Afcads.  

Some are obvious like the 777 GE which would be COA but others where both operators flew the same type of aircraft (757-200 and -300 for example) you can still use the old UA liveries as UAL but for the new globe liveries that overlap you are going to have to make a choice and either use COA or UAL.  At CERTAIN airports (ie big hubs) you may want to change a few gates as well.  For example, if you choose all your globe 757's to be COA (like I probably will) you may want to change a few gates at ORD from UAL to COA to see some of the 757's at those gates as well.  

This will provide you with the "hybrid" model the airlines still use in the real world.  For example, doing this would send all globe 757's and GE777's to T4 at EGLL and all 744's and PW 777's to T1 at EGLL. without modifying the EGLL Afcad.

Hope that made sense!

Edit:  If I get some time to do it today I will try to keep a list of my findings.
Edit 2:  In looking closer this might be even easier than expected.  For example:

Under 757 there are 4 different liveries 2 are PW, 2 are RR.  In the aircraft.cfg just change the RR entries to COA.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

For those of you having issues, here is what I recommend...

Go through the readme of the United package.  It will tell you what Aircraft were installed.  Some of them will be tough to make this choice on but others are quite easy.  For all the obvious UA aircraft ie. Airbus, B744, 763 and the 777 PW which CO never operated leave the ATC parking code as UA.  For others if you want them to use the old CO gate codes you can change the ATC parking code to COA in the appropriate section of the .cfg.  This way you only have to make 10-12 changes in the aircraft.cfg opposed to all your Afcads.  

Some are obvious like the 777 GE which would be COA but others where both operators flew the same type of aircraft (757-200 and -300 for example) you can still use the old UA liveries as UAL but for the new globe liveries that overlap you are going to have to make a choice and either use COA or UAL.  At CERTAIN airports (ie big hubs) you may want to change a few gates as well.  For example, if you choose all your globe 757's to be COA (like I probably will) you may want to change a few gates at ORD from UAL to COA to see some of the 757's at those gates as well.  

This will provide you with the "hybrid" model the airlines still use in the real world.  For example, doing this would send all globe 757's and GE777's to T4 at EGLL and all 744's and PW 777's to T1 at EGLL. without modifying the EGLL Afcad.

Hope that made sense!

Edit:  If I get some time to do it today I will try to keep a list of my findings.

Edit 2:  In looking closer this might be even easier than expected.  For example:

Under 757 there are 4 different liveries 2 are PW, 2 are RR.  In the aircraft.cfg just change the RR entries to COA.

Great post. I'll use these suggestions myself.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Can someone do me a favor?    Load up the American Airlines package, go to Heathrow at 12:30pm (default cessna is fine) and switch to VC.  Is everything broken?  Missing textures?  Now shut down FS9 and check your cpu usage, does it think FS9 is still running(do a ctrl-alt-del and see if the ~ file is still open)?

This is exactly what happened to me last night and this morning.  It seems like the AA package broke something but the only AC  American fly into EGLL are the 777's so I opened up all the textures (5 of them) in DXTBMP, resaved them and copied them over and sure enough, loaded FS9 back up at EGLL and everything is fine.  Very weird but it is like FS did not like one of those new AA 777 textures.

Wondering if it is just me or if others see the same.

Thanks!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg