Sign in to follow this  
FI615

VC panning in inactive/2nd window

Hi all

I´ve got a question. It seems nobody has thought about this or is interested as I can´t find a single topic about this anywhere ... so here goes ...

My goal is take make a dual pilot home cockpit..so to say. Not a complicated one, just basic/inexpensive setup for two pilots as I want to be able to practice MCC with a friend.

I can setup two yokes/pedals etc ...two monitors (captain and first officers panels) ...even two mice pointers working on same computer (I found a program to do that). My only problem is that I can only pan one VC (Virtual cockpit) window within FSX at a time !. Only one window can be active at a time it seems. Do you guys have any solution to make it possible to "move" within two VCs individually at the same time in FSX ? I want to avoid using many monitors to do this if possible (only keep 2 monitors, captains and first officers monitors to begin with).

I hope I made myself clear enough :-)

Any suggestion (or alternative?) appreciated.

Gunni

P.s I´m not interested in FS2CREW, I want to have a real person flying with me (To simulate PF/PM interactions). I´ve also tried Leonardo MD80/82 but I´m not too happy with it (it doesn´t sync correctly and lots of problems come up when trying to make a full flight in it)

Hi all

I´ve got a question. It seems nobody has thought about this or is interested as I can´t find a single topic about this anywhere ... so here goes ...

My goal is take make a dual pilot home cockpit..so to say. Not a complicated one, just basic/inexpensive setup for two pilots as I want to be able to practice MCC with a friend.

I can setup two yokes/pedals etc ...two monitors (captain and first officers panels) ...even two mice pointers working on same computer (I found a program to do that). My only problem is that I can only pan one VC (Virtual cockpit) window within FSX at a time !. Only one window can be active at a time it seems. Do you gOuys have any solution to make it possible to "move" within two VCs individually at the same time in FSX ? I want to avoid using many monitors to do this if possible (only keep 2 monitors, captains and first officers monitors to begin with).

I hope I made myself clear enough :-)

Any suggestion (or alternative?) appreciated.

Gunni

P.s I´m not interested in FS2CREW, I want to have a real person flying with me (To simulate PF/PM interactions). I´ve also tried Leonardo MD80/82 but I´m not too happy with it (it doesn´t sync correctly and lots of problems come up when trying to make a full flight in it)

You can certainly get the two VCs to pan as one with FSXs "link all views" toggle.

If you had two joysticks/hats both pilots could pan the combinded VCs.

Or do you want each pilot to have independant control of only their own monitor?

Might have to use two computers and multiplayer for that.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I want each pilot to have independant control of only one monitor/view

I guess that´s not possible. If anyone knows a way to do this or any workaround to make 2 pilots use the same flight sim (acting as PF/PM/Captain/First officer) without having to build an expensive full size cockpit...  I would really like to know

Gunni.

As "gboz" suggested, two separate sim computers using Shared Cockpit should do what you wish.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator