Sign in to follow this  
CTBlankenship

FSInn and PMDG 777/737NGX

This is just full out odd ... I haven't been able to track down exactly when this began to occur ... but when I try to launch FSInn within FSX using the T7 FSInn/FSX just freezes.  If I load the CRJ-700 from MS, FSInn launches just fine ... but as soon as a complex add-on like Level-D 767 or the 737NGX or the T7 ... I get the freeze. 

I did a fair amount of searching and discovered one solution ... which is to launch FSInn from the Start menu ... which is what I'm doing and it works just fine ... I'm just irked by the fact that I can no longer launch FSInn from within FSX.

Any ideas?

Same over here. What works though is loading up FSX with e.g. the default Cessna, start FS INN and then the PMDG 777.

If you use the cockpit in full screen try switching to windowed, load FSInn then go back to full screen. It works for some but it's a workaround for a problem somewhere else though.

NB: Re the advice to load another a/c first, PMDG do not recommend loading other aircraft before one of theirs.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

How I took this advice ... and am currently loading FSInn this way ... is to load the default aircraft ... AirCreation Trike Ultralight ... press Fly Now ... load FSInn ... end the flight ... select my T7 and press Fly Now again.  I don't load a T7 on top of a Trike per se.

Charles, did you update your Nvidia driver recently too?

Just curious if you can confirm going back to an older version fixes this issue without any workarounds.

Chris Lundberg

No ... the machine is only a month old so I was running what was available at the time ... I just upgraded TO 331.58 :P when I read in this thread that it was available!

I then reset the nVidiaInspector settings to what NickN suggested ... and it seemed to fix my flickering problem.

It is annoying as all get out ... but I'll get over it ... I thought I had it fixed when I set it up to not sync at load ... but that didn't pan out.