Sign in to follow this  
Fitz505

From Cleveland Ohio? Or Ohio...please read.

Hi all sorry to bother you...I am tired of getting kicked out of places that are close to my local airport...Cleveland Hopkins..#38 in movement. I wrote a letter to the Airport Commissioner and have not gotten a response back...it has been about a month since I wrote the letter...so I am combing the internet looking for people to back me and join together for our rights to photograph aircraft. I am not looking to get on airport property (but that would be ok to) There are a few areas surrounding the airport that would be ideal but I keep getting harrased and asked to leave which I do right away. I just want some answers here and no offical person seems to care...so if enough of us get behind this they will. I need names and addresses from people in Cleveland and surrounding areas please...you can email me directly if you wish...theplumleys@msn.comThanks all and lets stand up for our rights.Mark Plumley

That is one of those rights that have been subverted by terrorisim. Right now we are in a - better to be safe than sorry mode. You should appeal to the people who run the airport, and to those elected officials that have been tasked to oversee the operation. Say what you must here but no one with any clout will read it. Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Amazing, the difference between one community and another. Here at Albany (NY) Airport, they actually have a parking area just for airplane watching about 50-75 yards from the main runway where you can take all the photo's you want. We're certainly not as big as Cleveland, but it still produces 250 to 300 arrivals/departures a day from a number of major carriers. About a month ago, I picked a friend up at Bradley Airport in CT., which is a major international airport. Poeple were walking around, snapping pictures all over the place, both inside and outside the terminal. Go figure. John Fitzpatrick