Sign in to follow this  
ronnie.d

LNAV Problem

Apologies if this topic has been discussed before. I tried to search it but didn't really find anything useful. During my climb between 5000ft - FL 200  LNAV was getting frequently disengaged for some reason. I noticed that every time it disengaged after a turbulence as the plane was shaking sidewise. I do not have any weather add on and I was only using standard fsx realtime weather. So is it normal for the LNAV to get disengaged after a turbulence?

On a separate note, during another flight all on sudden my auto pilot stopped working even though I didn't sign up for any emergence or failure. I had to deploy the second autopilot to get the plane on course. Since then the primary autopilot didn't work throughout the flight...is there any reason? Did I do anything wrong by mistake?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ronnie

Do you have turbulence effects enabled (can't remember the exact name). Basically, the way FSX simulates turbulence is unrealistic which makes the AP go crazy and start doing s turns, etc. I had this issue once, so I disabled the turbulence effects. But I've re-enabled the setting since then, and haven't got the problem anymore for some reason.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Broken autopilot and lateral or vertical guidance disengaged is usually caused by high sensitivity of joystick.

Cheers bud. I think you are right, for some reason my joystick is overly sensitive for the past few days I will try and calibrate and will let you know if it works.

Do you have turbulence effects enabled (can't remember the exact name). Basically, the way FSX simulates turbulence is unrealistic which makes the AP go crazy and start doing s turns, etc. I had this issue once, so I disabled the turbulence effects. But I've re-enabled the setting since then, and haven't got the problem anymore for some reason.

Thanks a lot Kjjj...so I am not the only one having this problem....I will give it a try but as wingleted suggested my joystick is overly sensitive for past few days and that could be the main reason for the failures. Cheers.