Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Lower Cloud Visibilty

HI Stephen,

Sorry to be a pain but can I ask you the following question.

If I am flying at say 35,000 and the only cloud level base is say 2,000 feet is it right that I would not see this lower cloud level base and all I would see is clear blue skies.

My previous issues have all resolved themselves and Opus is working fine but it is just this piece of clarification that I am seeking.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

You may be able to see the lower level cloud if you look in the right direction. The Local report indicates weather that is injected to the NW of the nearest insertion point so looking down and to the NW should give some indication of this cloud. It will depend on all the cloud in the surrounding area to determine how extensive or sparse this cloud layer is depicted by FSX.

Stephen

The extent of any localised cloud can really depend on the all the cloud patterns in the surrounding area, the wider picture must always be taken into account. You can get an idea of the overall lower level cloud patterns by examining the LWA Lower Cloud Cover weather map.

Stephen

You're most welcome. If you can display and consult the Lower Cloud Cover weather map, its quite interesting to see how the sim drags the cloud boundary along with it until the new weather injection but even with this FSX anomaly the map will indicate what cloud cover to expect ahead of you. If you fly full screen then you could try connecting a client machine (laptop or something) with FSXCLIENT running in 'No Connection To The Simulator' mode. You will only need to install SimConnect using the msi install file in your OpusFSX folder. If you do connect a client then you can run the LWA Live Weather Assistant on the client and keep an eye on those maps along with other data.

Regards

Stephen

P.S.

We are testing the ButtKicker software at the moment, it all looks very good and will have a new beta available soon. Also have many idea for enhancing both the camera interface and LWE for future developments. :-)