Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Would DX10 Fixer run on my setup?

Hello, 

I've heard a lot of great things about this new DX10 Fixer, including an FPS increase. I think my computer is still in the Jurassic days at DX9 (How do I check?). This sounds like a good purchase, but how does it run? Do you have to enable DX10 Preview mode within FSX to use this product? Or do I have to modify my AMD 6970's settings to change over to DX10? 

Also, how much of an FPS increase are we talking about? I'm currently running my NGX at ORBX YBBN around 8-10 FPS (mind you, most of my settings sliders are far to the left). Could I get up around 20 FPS in the same scenario with this tool? 

Thanks very much in advance. :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hello, 

I've heard a lot of great things about this new DX10 Fixer, including an FPS increase. I think my computer is still in the Jurassic days at DX9 (How do I check?). This sounds like a good purchase, but how does it run? Do you have to enable DX10 Preview mode within FSX to use this product? Or do I have to modify my AMD 6970's settings to change over to DX10? 

Also, how much of an FPS increase are we talking about? I'm currently running my NGX at ORBX YBBN around 8-10 FPS (mind you, most of my settings sliders are far to the left). Could I get up around 20 FPS in the same scenario with this tool? 

Thanks very much in advance. :smile:

I didn't get any FPS by switching to DX10 but got better smoothness. I'm back running DX9 as Nvidia inspector doesn't work in dx10 and the AA sucks without it. You could always.try it though but Id use the freeware shaders first to see if it helps any

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Nvidia inspector doesn't work in dx10

Huh? Have you ever taken a look at the "How To" guide? With your rig you should get much better FPS and visuals if you set it up properly. I do agree that maybe he should meticulously try the ver. 3.2.2 of DX10 fixes to get a basic feel for life inside the DX10 world before going whole hog..