Sign in to follow this  
justin48

Props will NOT unfeather

Help. I cannot get the props to unfeather as they used to.  Batts are on, GPU is on, power levers in rev., I move the unfeather switch left and right, go to an outside view, and NOTHING is happening.  Props stay feathered.  Condition levers are in taxi.  I am doing everything I have done for years (with great success) but now the props will not unfeather.  I just reinstalled the JS41, to no avail.  Anyone have a suggestion?  I am assuming this is my error somehow, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

I just reinstalled the JS41, to no avail.

This should be the last option.  Always.  Check here first because, as much as so many people suggest reinstalling, sometimes it can make the problems worse, or just create new ones.

I move the unfeather switch left and right

I believe the process is:

-Power

-Throttle levers behind the hatched area (reverse)

-Unfeather button to side requiring the unfeather (you may have to hold it for a few, I've found)

-Once unfeathered, lever to normal ground start position

I'll verify later when I talk to a former 4100 driver.

Kyle Rodgers

I believe the process is:

-Power

-Throttle levers behind the hatched area (reverse)

-Unfeather button to side requiring the unfeather (you may have to hold it for a few, I've found)

-Once unfeathered, lever to normal ground start position

I'll verify later when I talk to a former 4100 driver.

Correct, except you must also remove the locks by going slightly into reverse following startup, and before entering the runway, otherwise you will never reach takeoff power (you will hear an audible acknowledgement from the invisible FO when they are disengaged).

It's also important to make sure that the throttles do not be increased before starting the engines, otherwise the prop will feather itself again (I use F1 on the keyboard just to make sure)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato