Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remys

Aircraft Anti-Icing

did anyone tried to turn the anti ice off (windows and wings) and check if ice accumulates on windshield (displaying icing on display panel) or wings?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After 9 years do you think anyone cares?

yes I do. FSX could be 100 years old, but PMDG 777 is a brand new product with almost all effects simulated. so why not to ask if this has been simulated as in real life ?

thanks

In case you still don't get it Remy, you resurrected a 9 year old post that has nothing to do with PMDG or visual icing effects..

Anyway to answer your question - No - visual effects are not simulated, only the typical FSX style of trying to add Ice to an aircraft by slowly increasing its gross weight.

ok thanks , that did the job and answer my question. and I just asked this because the visual icing effects works on majestic q400 and pmdg Jetstream.

thanks for your answer

ok thanks , that did the job and answer my question. and I just asked this because the visual icing effects works on majestic q400 and pmdg Jetstream.

thanks for your answer

Your welcome, Developers have to prioritise what effects/animations they add since FSX has a limitation.

Turboprops spend much more time at lower altitudes flying through icing conditions, larger aircraft like the 777 obviously spend the bulk of the flight in conditions too cold to form ice.

I think most would agree animations can be used better in other areas than ice accumulation when it comes to the PMDG Heavys.