Sign in to follow this  
NewtGS

Smoking Breaks even at parking gate

Hello, recently I noticed something that looked like low level clouds passing by my right side while just coming in to park the 737 for the night. it was light out and I took a look outside and saw that there was smoke or vapor or some kind of thing that looks like that coming from the aft landing gears. I was stopped and thought that is strange.

The next day I took a flight and was passing by some mountain ranges so I thought I would take a screen shot and saw the same sort of smoke or vapor coming from under the jet, this was not contrails, as it was visibly below my jet just about where the gear would be if it were down. What this really looks like is how the gear might produce a water spray on a wet tarmac.

This does not affect flight that I can tell, and is not always present, some flights do not have it some do. Weather does not seem to be the reason as sometimes when I take off on a wet runway I see the vapor splashing up but when gear is retracted there is no sign of this vapor.

Some days when I take off when it is dry the vapor stays with me the whole flight.

I am running some modules such as FSX booster, Sim Physics X, REX essential Plus, REX latitude, and FS captain. I have disabled all of these and I still see the vapor, could this be native to FSX or a PMDG 737ngx bug? I do not see to ever see it in the PMDG 747, but could be wrong on that one.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have included a screen shot of the situation while parked.

Ok well I guess I can not attach or pate a photo here, just imagin cloud like vapor just kind of blowing the direction opposite your jet would be going if traveling forward. The vapor displays this tendency even when parked, if I pause the sim and look outside I see the vapor dispersing in a 360 degree pattern, very even in all directions.

FYI, I don't think crews are allowed to take smoking breaks at the gate. Now smoking brakes I think would be worth a call to the ARFF guys to look at the brakes and make sure they're safe and not too hot...

Other than that, I can't really help.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hehe, well no one said I was the sharpest tool in the shed and my spelling certainly proves that. Good thing I can read a bit better than I smell. ;)

The link to the other post would probably cover what I see, as I like to fly out of PANC a lot I see a lot of wet runways. Which is probably why I noticed it in the first place.

Thanks for the reply, and I'll try to keep my smoke breaks confined to the lavatory.

NewtGS