Sign in to follow this  
Max Reverse

Does Linda lower the Sound?

I assigned my new A320 Homecockpit with Linda, and everything works perfect. But with the Saitek Throttles, when I use a switch f.e. to Arm the Spoiler, the Cooling Sound in the Cockpit gets very silent and slowly gets louder again. I do Not know, how Linda can change the Sound level.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

I do not know also.

Never had such behaviour.

Are you sure, LINDA is involved? This does not happen if you press the button in the VC?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just checked it again, and honestly, I have to admit that the sounds gets also silent if I use the clickspot in the VC :search:

But what Triggers this, ist abolutly new to me? So ist no fun to fly, because the Sound go´s up and down the whole flight time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

I can only assume that it is possibly sth. with your soundcard?

Have you tried to make different settings in FSX sound menue?

Tried different settings for windows audiodevices?

Any special sound enhancements or sound settings?

Guenter Steiner

I suspect you have an option called "Normalisation" enabled in your sound card control panel, this boosts all sounds to the same level, even sounds that are supposed to be subtle and barely audible under normal circumstances. A side effect of this is that when a loud sound is played (such as a loud button click for example) it suddenly lowers the volume of all other sounds that were boosted. Then if no further loud sounds are made the overall volume level will slowly be turned up again over the next 5 or 10 seconds. If another loud click is heard the volume drops again, rinse and repeat....

Cheers, Andy.

Thank you very very much Günter and Andy,

I checked the settings of my soundcard and you are absolutly right. There was a "normalization" enabled. After cancelling that, its working like ever. Im wondering how you now this things, thats real Genius. I never had found that solution in my life. Its so good, that people like you are present in this Forum. Thank you!!!

Best regards/schöne Grüße

Werner

Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

I tend to remember little details like this, I've no idea why, its just the way my brain is wired up I suppose, it comes in handy in my role as a beta tester/tech support that is for sure.

Cheers, Andy.

I also play a round a lot with FSX and my computer.

Over the years there've been a lot things I struggled around and I solved it - at least also with the help of other people.

So these are just little opportunities to give sth. back...

Guenter Steiner