Sign in to follow this  
ABE

DOHA-QATAR ILS

I downloaded and installed the NEW Doha-Qatar airport. I was able to have it nicely displayed right next to the old OTBD airport. However, I was unable to install the ILS files. Is there something that can be done to fix it?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Are you talking about this one- http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=180003 ?

I downloaded it and looked at the AFD file.

I see ILS for all 4 runways.

Are you saying they do not work?

I can't test right now as I do not have FSX on this machine.

regards,

Joe

[edit]

BTW, there is an e-mail address for the author in the readme.

[/edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks, Joe.

Yes I downloaded the file and installed it, like I said the Scenery is beautiful.

I do not understand "looked at the AFD file."

Please explain how can you tell the ILS exists.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Abe

I opened the Airport Facilities Data file with Airport Design Editor and looked at the runway properties.

Actually I looked at the Navaid list and there they were.

They should show up in the GPS where you can get the radio frequencies.

Or you can look at the map.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe,

I feel like an FSX illitirate. Where is the "Airport Facilities Data" and the "GPS". I see the display of the Doha airport showing 34R and 34L and the terminal. I think I may have installed the files incorrectly even though I believe I followed the instructions carefully.

I would appreciate it very much if you could give me specific instructions about installing the files correctly. And information about "Airport Facilities Data" and "GPS".

Thanks again.

regards,

Abe

Airport Facility Data (AFD, also referred to as AFCAD, unless I'm mistaken) is a file in "*.bgl" format that contains all the info about the airport facilites (i.e. location of buildings, taxiways, runways, navigation facilites and their frequencies). This kind of files is actually only readable for FSX, but you can decompile it also with programs like the freeware Airport Design Editor.

The GPS window is usually brought up with Shift+3, and with some keys you can navigate to the page that lists all the available Nav freqs in  your surrounding area, so looking at the GPS is one way to check if the ILS is there. The GPS should also show the green "arrows" of the ILS LOC, if those don't show there's no ILS. Another way of checking if the ILS is in fact available or not is to open the map (IIRC, it's Environment->Map in the FSX menu - could be I'm wrong, and it could also be that it's called different, as I just translated the German names to English). If you click on the airport, you should also get a list of all the freqs there, so again, you can check whether or not the ILS should be there.

Thanks again, Joe.

I checked the GPS and I checked the FSX's menu MAP. Neither shows any ILS's for the new OTBD. I checked other airports , all of them showed the ILS's of all airports that have ILS.

Like I mentioned earlier, I must have not installed the NEW OTBD correctly. Would you please tell me in detail how you installed it in your FSX. I would appreciate that very much.

Thanks.

Abe

They work fine for me and all I did was to follow the readme instructions.

Scenery installation

Move the "QATAR" folder into your FSX Addon Scenery folder.
1. First add Doha_Landclass folder to your FSX library.
2. Second add Doha folder to your FSX library.

Note that "Doha" should on top of "Doha_Lanclass" once added!

Do you have another addon for this airport? Either the new or old one?

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Hi Joe,

GREAT NEWS!!  Thank you for your HELP and sticking with me all this time.

I finally got it to work!!

By the way I did follow all the suggestions that came with the new OTBD file and your follow through of the instructions.

In return, I am going to let you on a little SECRET. (that is if you do not know it already).

For some reason, possibly my own screw-up, I was unable on some occasions to install something in the Addon  Scenery. I either heard it someplace or figure it out on my own to use a different ROUTING.

Instead of Addon Scenery: I used this routing: FSX\SCENERY\CITIES\DOHA and FSX\SCENERY\CITIES\DOHA_LANDCLASS. It worked like a charm.

I could see in the MAP view:

16L    108.70   160

34R    110.10   336

16R    108.10  160

34L     111.90   336

Thanks again, Joe, for your help and for sticking with me and guiding me.

Regards,

Abe