Sign in to follow this  
cessnachris

Active Sky 2012 - Fatal Error - Restarts FSX

Hello.

Today I bought the Active Sky 2012 addon for FSX. Excellent payware and Im really happy with it. BUT..

My last 3 flights after departure, I get a FATAL ERROR. And it closes after 3 seconds. Then I look at the Active Sky and it says FSX Connection not established, and then FSX restarts. That means that Active Sky restarts FSX because connection is not established.. What is this? I try to run Active as admin and try to refresh but nothing helps.

Thanks in advance :/

-Chris

You have one up on me Chris. Three weeks ago I bought the AS2012 upgrade from simMarket since I have ASX already. Every attempt to down load my purchase would come back with file corrupted. Several tickets to simMarket gave no help and I have yet to hear a response from HIFI Technologies. Seems I am just out my money. I really believe they have issues with their servers.

Hello.

Today I bought the Active Sky 2012 addon for FSX. Excellent payware and Im really happy with it. BUT..

My last 3 flights after departure, I get a FATAL ERROR. And it closes after 3 seconds. Then I look at the Active Sky and it says FSX Connection not established, and then FSX restarts. That means that Active Sky restarts FSX because connection is not established.. What is this? I try to run Active as admin and try to refresh but nothing helps.

Thanks in advance :/

-Chris

Vic green

You have one up on me Chris. Three weeks ago I bought the AS2012 upgrade from simMarket since I have ASX already. Every attempt to down load my purchase would come back with file corrupted. Several tickets to simMarket gave no help and I have yet to hear a response from HIFI Technologies. Seems I am just out my money. I really believe they have issues with their servers.

I think I have the solution for that. I also got corrupted file when using INTERNET EXPLORER. But FIREFOX worked just fine. Remember to download all 6 bin files and place them in a folder and then put the exe in the same folder and run :)

I think I have the solution for that. I also got corrupted file when using INTERNET EXPLORER. But FIREFOX worked just fine. Remember to download all 6 bin files and place them in a folder and then put the exe in the same folder and run :)

I down loaded firefox and it worked. Thankyou for the advice, as I now have my product. I had given up on as2012 and simMarket both. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Vic green

I down loaded firefox and it worked. Thankyou for the advice, as I now have my product. I had given up on as2012 and simMarket both. Have a great rest of the weekend.

youre welcome :)

Check your FSUIPC.log in the FSX/Modules folder.  This will tell you if there is a problem with Simconnect or any other issue.  Make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC.  Sometimes the problem can be fixed by starting up FSX first then ActiveSky.  If you received a fatal error, you need to let us know what the error stated or provide us with a AppCrashView report and/or Event Viewer (look in Custom Views/Administrative Events).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10