Sign in to follow this  
MG49

Memory Issues And Maxed Out HD After AI?

Hello,

Okay so recently I discovered AI and I think it's awesome.  I love having all these different jets and airlines at the gates at all these airports.  Only thing is.......seems like after I did all the AI addons my computer started coming up with all these "not enough memory" messages and now when I look at that pie graph that shows what's happening with your hard drive it's like MAXED OUT with very little free space left.  Tried defrag but it doesn't seem to be doing much and this is after 2 days straight of defragging so I stopped it.  Can't imagine that the AI files could have done this they didn't seem very large or at least I didn't think so.  Any ideas?  Side note: fsx itself is not running badly it seems to be okay I'm just shocked by how all of a sudden I've got these memory issues and the HD is all of a sudden maxed?  Hmmmm 

Okay thanks people.

Mitch

Your system specs will help us.

Yes, it is possible that your HD is full.

Yes, defrag could take days depending on how many files you installed.

Yes, your page file system may have run out of room causing the OOM messages.

DO NOT defrag when you have such little space left. You need to remove files from your hard drive. I'd start in the my pictures\flight sim folder where all your screenshots are saved in a very high resolution and size. Then run the hard drive cleanup in the properties of the hard drive, that removes temp files. AI does take up a lot of spaces, as does scenery. Defrag does nothing to a full hard drive. You need to remove files and programs that you don't use anymore first.

Thanks for the replies with insights. Always very appreciatedsmile.png

Ok so at the risk of getting laughed at I am going to list my specs but remember I'm just a guy who for the longest time wanted to get into flight sim so I loaded it onto my Win7 laptop which is my best computer and I gotta tell ya even though I know I know it's barely adequate for flight sim I have really enjoyed everything I've done for the past 2 months since I started and I'm learning all the time. I also know that in a little while from now I'm going to be consulting the forums and talking to you people about building a new machine for fsx.

Okay so here's what I got..................

It's an Acer Aspire laptop............AMD Dual Core E-350 1.60 GHZ, AMD Radeon HD 6310 Video Card, 2 GB DDR Memory, 250 GB HD, Windows 7 64-Bit

Note: I might have been wrong that it was the AI stuff that all of sudden killed my hard drive space it might have been the EditVoicePack program which I did right after I did all the AI stuff.

So as soon as you're done laughing I sure will appreciate any insights or guidance you can lend me (ex. minimal specs for a good fsx gaming machine in your opinion) and thanks as always.

Mitch