Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

FS9 AI aircraft loading

Hey!

Is there any possibility....

I fly FS9 since many years and now under Windows 7, and I presently have, appart from the Original standard default aircraft, approx. 950 aircraft folders  in the default aircraft folder, and each aircraft folder, most of them are MAIW and/or WOAI folders each aircraft folder may have as an average 10-20 aircraft ( = different paintings, different airplanes ) which may give me a total of 10.000 or even more aircraft in my FS9 system, that all fly according to the supplied Flightplans. By the way, this works fine, no problem with the amount of aircraft.... There is only something of which I think there can be a solution to solve the waiting time....

Starting FS9, indeed it takes each time on my system approx. 4-5 minutes, which in se is not a big problem, I can live with that. But!.... And I know that this loading time comes mainly from loading the aircraft data. It would be more comfortable to me if that loading time could be shortened....

So there comes my question... Is there a possibility to keep the datafile, where all these aircraft are loaded in, and which was loaded previous time when I started FS9, to keep these data in a cachefile, and which will then be used on every new start of FS9, so that loading all these aircraft should not be done that extensively long, and could possibly take only a fraction of the original loading time?....

I guess there must be pilots who have similar situations and they may possibly have a solution for shortening that loading time?

Greetings.

Jive1

Nope, no way to do what you are asking. You will just have to wait each time.

I assume you have them all hidden from the Select Aircraft menu?  That saves a little loading time.

Hey!

They are all hidden from the menu to select aircraft. But -never mind, it's OK, I can live with that long loading time...

Greetz

Jive1

Starting FS9, indeed it takes each time on my system approx. 4-5 minutes, which in se is not a big problem, I can live with that. But!.... And I know that this loading time comes mainly from loading the aircraft data. It would be more comfortable to me if that loading time could be shortened....

Approximatively  I have the same amount of AI in my system - 1/4 of them are in addition pure "flyable" models. So you might imagine howl long it needs to run FS9! Some months ago I installed a SSD drive - since loading time is drastically reduced.  

Bernard