Sign in to follow this  
DaSwannies

Missing Waypoints/Nav Aids

Hi all,

Just bought the T7, wonderful aircraft, however I am having troubles flying a route from WSSS-VHHH in regards to the STAR. I seems there are at least 10 or so STARs that are not in the database. Also, after further investigation it seemed they way points themselves that make up the STAR do not even exist in any of the files in the NAVDATA folder. Indeed, I do understand that these changes over time and sometimes require the purchase new navdata cycles but the STARs exist on charts since 2004 (found free ones online). In addition, they also appear on Aivlasoft's EFB program, and the 777 addon is still fairly decent (hence its navdata will be too). So my question is, why aren't the stars & nav aids not existent on the aircraft? 

Cheers,

Nick

If you can give me an example of what STAR in VHHH are missing, and what waypoins are missing, then I can check if it is supposed to be there or not.

I have a real world, current database here!

then, after we have comfirmed your charts are in fact correct,

The 777 navdata comes from Navigraph.

You should contact them and ask if their data for VHHH could be wrong.

Rob Robson

but the STARs exist on charts since 2004 (found free ones online).

Nick

When were these charts published. Some charts that are online show STARs and SIDs that no longer exist. Maybe they were published in 2004 which would make them 9 years old now.

Michael Cubine

Nick

When were these charts published. Some charts that are online show STARs and SIDs that no longer exist. Maybe they were published in 2004 which would make them 9 years old now.

Michael Cubine

Thanks. I understand this. But then how do you explain them existing on Aivlasoft's EFB which always uses current data?

If you can give me an example of what STAR in VHHH are missing, and what waypoins are missing, then I can check if it is supposed to be there or not.

I have a real world, current database here!

then, after we have comfirmed your charts are in fact correct,

The 777 navdata comes from Navigraph.

You should contact them and ask if their data for VHHH could be wrong.

The STAR in question is the DUMOL STAR from the south - there are a few of them. There are more but I can't remember them for now.

The STAR in question is the DUMOL STAR from the south - there are a few of them. There are more but I can't remember them for now.

Shoot, guess what. VHHH is not in our database! Guess since we dont fly (even near) there we dont have it. Sorry

But really, ask Navigraph!

Rob Robson

I just had a look on our charts (effective 08-Aug-2013) and the dumol star is no longer in use and as far as i can see looking at the chart you most likely looked at (from 2004) the dumol star is replace by the betty 2a/b star with a carso transition. I haven't checked in the nav database and why it would be in the aivlasoft efb you'll have to ask them (did you update the navdatabase for the efb? if not that may explain why). 

But then how do you explain them existing on Aivlasoft's EFB which always uses current data?

It always uses current data if you update it.

Generally, when people tell you that a chart is outdated, the chart is outdated.  SimRoutes.com still lists the CSN2 STAR for IAD, and that hasn't been used in over a decade.

Kyle Rodgers