Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Cannot restore original file

When I revert to DX9 by uninstalling the libraries I now get a series of was 2 error messages related to effects files, specifically fx_navred.fx and 14 other lighting effects. It doesn't actually seem to cause a problem and the files are there in the backup and in the main effects folder. If I restore these files from an Acronis backup I made a couple of weeks ago to the main FSX effects folder, delete the DX10 backup folder and reinstall DX10 Scenery Fixer the same thing happens. This has only started since updating to build 24. As I said the files are definitely present, I'm just curious as to the reason and would rather not have to click 15 times to get rid of the error messages.

John

Yes you are correct.  

If you install and select the lights package then it takes copies of all the navlights in the effects directory( this is separate to the backup) before modifying them.

When you uninstall it puts the originals back.

If you install and don't select the lights package, then when you uninstall it still tries to put the copies back :( and they don't exist!

So its a bug, its entirely harmless but as you say  annoying.  I will fix it in the next few days - I cannot upload new releases directly to the FSS store.