Sign in to follow this  
mondeoman

Jaggies in preview window

Hi,   

I have recently tried DX10 and after reading various posts in the forum and installing the DX10 fixes,  I obtain a very steady 30fps.    However,  for some unknown reason all the aircraft that appear in the preview window have jaggies   yet when in flight no jaggies at all, aircraft very smooth.   Is this normal or am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Barry

I used to have that when I ran an ATI 5870. They disappeared when I installed an NVidia card.(Only a GTX460, nothing fancy)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Those "jaggies" in the preview window are perfectly normal when using DX10 mode.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I used to have that when I ran an ATI 5870. They disappeared when I installed an NVidia card.(Only a GTX460, nothing fancy)

Hi Ron,

I have also got a GTX460 but still have the jaggies.

Those "jaggies" in the preview window are perfectly normal when using DX10 mode.

Bugger! I must be doing something wrong. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Try this..."The jaggies in the spinning aircraft scenes can be cured by using (if I remember correctly) either FXAA from NI, but it softens/blurs the rest of the FSX graphics once it starts." 

Thats from another post found here by my good friend Paul J

Hope it helps

40282618105572517s.jpg

Try this..."The jaggies in the spinning aircraft scenes can be cured by using (if I remember correctly) either FXAA from NI, but it softens/blurs the rest of the FSX graphics once it starts." 

Thats from another post found here by my good friend Paul J

Hope it helps

Hello,

Allowing FXAA in the NI did the trick but unfortunately it gave me a nice small green box at the top left hand screen both in the preview window and the full screen mode. 

Thanks for you help but I think I may have to have the jaggies in the preview window as opposed to the green box.

Barry

Hi There 

Are you able to provide a screenie at all? Green Box puzzles me?

Cheers 

Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Hello Pete,

I have attached photo.   Hope this helps

Edited by firehawk44
Image exceeds 1600W and 400KB Limits. Yours 644 KB.

Hello,

Allowing FXAA in the NI did the trick but unfortunately it gave me a nice small green box at the top left hand screen both in the preview window and the full screen mode. 

Thanks for you help but I think I may have to have the jaggies in the preview window as opposed to the green box.

Barry

There are two FXAA settings and the green box can be seen if you say Toggle FXAA indicator "on"! You need only Toggle FXAA on or off set to "on".

Spirit

Hi Spirit

Thanks,  works fine now.

Thanks to everyone else for their offerings.

Barry

Hello again,

I am sorry to come back to this topic but since activating Toggle FXAA on or off   The scenery in flight has become very wavy, especially when panning in spot mode.

Thanks

Barry

Hello again,

I am sorry to come back to this topic but since activating Toggle FXAA on or off   The scenery in flight has become very wavy, especially when panning in spot mode.

Thanks

Barry

I don't have any problems with FXAA set to "on". Maybe you need some other adjustments in nVidia inspector or fsx.cfg?

You should have a look at the forum here, there are so many hints about good settings or you leave FXAA "off" and look away at the preview.

Spirit

Why are you trying to muck up your FSX settings for the sake of a "preview" window ? It is only there to select an aircraft. You don't fly in that window. 

Next you will be posting here with ntdll errors.

If the preview screen showed a pin up of Sandra Bullock, yes I would alter my fsx cfg.

:P

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.