Sign in to follow this  
Mike Wood

DX10 Batch File

Hi everyone

My son has kindly upgraded my Graphics card to a Nvidia 650 ti with a quad core Q6600 OC'd to 3.2, 6 gig memory, windows 8.

I can't afford the new DX10 Scenery Fixer as I am an OAP on fixed income but would like to take advantage of DX10 after flying with DX9 for several years but can't get anywhere with the new shader patch.

When I try to run the Setup batch file I get the well documented message of 'File readonly'.

When I try to download a ready made shaders file as linked to the install document the site no longer exists.

Could anyone tell me how to fix the batch file or where I can get the ready made shader file from.

Many Thanks

Mike

G'day Mike. Welcome to the DX10 forum. I think for your situation, you may need to wait for Paul (PJ) to check in. I think he would be the best person to guide you on the correct path.

I am just posting so you know you will get help.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks Julian, like your logo it is brilliant.

Yeah - it's pretty good, isn't it!

Here's your Replacement ShadersHLSL folder, Mike: Just delete the old one and drop this zipfile into the FSX root folder and unzip it.

The second file (this one), is the Bonus pack - the instructions are inside. You will need it, as it cures various other issues.

The third file (here) is a Stock ShadersHLSL folder, just in case you want to go back to DX9. Note - as this is a straight 'copy' process, rather than an install - you will need to delete your shaders cache folder, which you will find at:

"C:\Users\{your username here}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\ "  

Shaders and Shaders10 are the two folders. Shaders10 is the DX10 folder, and that's the one to delete. FSX will make a new one the next time it starts.

I would suggest that you save these downloads in a safe spot so they don't disappear during a rebuild! ok!

A quick note - you need to take ownership of your FSX folder if you can't install into it. This is a permissions problem. If you need more help - come back here and we'll get you fixed up.

All the Best, 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Mike, as Paul stated in his post about taking ownership, follow this link, instructions are there. Once installed right click on the root folder of fsx, in the menu, select "Take Ownership" and you have ownership.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

BTW, the banner in my signature is not my creation, I grabbed it off Paul while his back was turned :P

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

:LMAO:  :LMAO: 

Thanks for the link, Julian. I searched the whole darned pc this morning, and couldn't find it! It's a good site, isn't it!

... and thanks for your great input here - it's appreciated!

All the Best,

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul

thanks for the files, I have loaded them and have started to fly with DX10 enabled. So far so good and no apparent problems. Can you point me in the right direction concerning 'Rain'. Thanks for all your help and also a big thanks to every one else.

Mike

Here you go, Mike. I thought it was in the patch, but not so.. This file replaces the one in the ShadersHLSL\Terrain\ folder - so backup or rename the old one first, and once it's done - remember to delete the Shaders10 cache folder before starting FSX - ok!

pj