Sign in to follow this  
bjohnsonmn

MegaSceneryEarth and Nav Freq Question

Sorry in advance if this is a repeat.  I promise that I searched for a while before I chose to post this.

I have purchased some MSE V2 states, and I am excited to fly them!  My question:  How do I get the navigation aids to match the updated scenery?   For example, Flying Cloud Airport in Eden Prairie, MN (KFCM).  The VOR has moved across the street, the runways changed, and the ILS is setup...

Any suggestions?  Even if it is a tedious manual effort. At least I could get my favorites setup correctly.

All the Best,

Brad

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

MSE V2 does not change any actual nav information in the sim. It uses the default nav data in FSX. What you are probably seeing visually is that the default FSX airport/runway is displaced from the new MSE v2 scenery tiles underneath (this is due to FSX data being LESS accurate), so visually the FSX default runway/airport appears to be moved, but the nav and VOR system should still be aligned with the default FSX runway (not with the MSE v2 textures).

Hope that makes sense?

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

It does make sense.  I suppose this goes back to the age old question, how does one update default FSX nav aids, so that you can use tools like Foreflight for iPad navigation, and fly new procedures.  I am familiar with Navigraph, and use it for my PMDG aircraft, but the good 'ole trusty Carenado 182Q with steam needs an updated FSX database...

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

I think to update the FSX nav files, you first have to exclude the particular ones you want to change, then re-add the corrected navaid in via a scenery file.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories