Sign in to follow this  
flybyme

AMD 7970 vs Radeon R9 209X for FSX on 3 21" monitors...

Hello to all,

I have some issues with FSX windowed mode using EnfinityEye ( I get all the virtual 2D cockpit  on 3 monitors)...

What happens is that while I fly FSX with TrackIr (more or less with 20/25 frame rates..) I get the monitors image freezed while the sim still works in the background...

So, If I reduce the FSX window from 3 monitors to 2 or less, the images get operating and all goes fine...

I guess it has to do with my SVGA...it does not refresh fastly the monitor image..and I get the freezing..

Is this correct?

So what about an up grade to the new R9 209X?Could it help??

Thanks a lot..

My sistem is:

-CPU INTEL i5-3570K 3,4 GHZ 77W OC to 4,3 GHZ        
-Noctua NH-U12P SE2 FAn for CPU
-SVGA ATI XFX HD7970 3GB Dual Fan FX-797A-TDFC     
-OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB       
-CORSAIR 750W MODULAREHX750 CMPSU-750HXEU     
-DDR3 PC1600 8GB Vengeance White LP [2x4GB][CML8GX 3M2A1600C9W]     
-MB Asus P8Z77-V LK (ATX) DDR3 USB3.0 90-MIBIH0-G0EAY0VZ
-3 Samsung SyncMaster 214T with resolution 1600 x 1200 each.

I was running 3 23 inch monitors on my i7-960 with one 5830 (deceptive - that's a smoking card that beats all the 7700 series without breaking a sweat) and I did not suffer those problems.

I'm now running the same monitors on a GTX760 with a 4770K and not having issues either.

I'm guessing that it's your settings, not your hardware.

SInce it's an ATI card, try using AT in the sim and don't check AA.  For graphics card settings, go middle of the road.  Also, be sure you're FSX.CFG is tweaked, but not for NVIDIA.  Also, are you running older monitors?  You might have a refresh rate issue, though this i rare with ATI cards.

Hope this helps.  Contact me privately if you need more assistance.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.