Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

First Ever Install, But Which Way Round?

Although I'm pretty new here, and I've not yet even played FSX, I've learnt that it is important to install products in the right order and to reboot between installs. 

While I wait for my PC to arrive, I've got my software sorted. But what's the best order for it to be installed?

FSX Gold

Sp 1

Sp 2 (are they even needed?)

Ground Environment X Africa

Ground Environment X Europe

Horizon's VFR Scenery UK vol. 1-3

Horizons VFR Airfields (Northern England)

REX Essential Plus Overdrive

Ultimate Terrain X Europe

I think that's all (apart from a slew of scenery and airport shareware that I may or may not need...)

Can anyone give me a running order that would probably be best? Many thanks !.....

Not too sure on some of the scenery software, I do have GEX though and during a recent rebuild and reinstall, I installed GEX first and then my various Airport add ons and then my Weather and texture software followed by my add on A/C. As for FSX SPs, if you have the Gold Version, it comes with FSX Expansion. Just install as per the instructions.

My FSX is presently running very nicely.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sp 1

Sp 2 (are they even needed?)

No, they are not. Simply install FSX (the first two disks), activate it entering the serial code. Start a flight, end FSX and install Disk 3 (Acceleration). That third disk already includes SPs 1&2 (plus some more stuff, actually). Then, again, actvate Acceleration, start a flight in FSX again and end the sim. It is essential to run FSX to activate it before you proceed with installing Acceleration!

As for the installation order, it shouldn't really matter, but better read the manual of UTX and GEX, I believe I read somewhere that there is a preferred order of installation for those two product series.

Thanks, I never thought to check the manuals... :O

I'm not totally sure if it's really there, but as said above, there might be a recommendation in the case of GEX and UTX. It shouldn't normally be necessary for other addons, though, but since GEX and UTX are so "close" to each other, and they are nice complementary addons for each other this might be an exception.