Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Will P3D v2 run on this computer (with a decent video card)?

Dell Duo Core 2.66 1333FSB - Windows 7 Pro 64Bit 4Gigs Ram  :vava:

This is until I'm able to get a new computer. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I run it with a core 2 duo 3.33 win7 pro 32 and 2gb ram.  The GPU is a HD 7750 4gb running two 1280x1024 monitors in eyefinity.  So far I have not seen the GPU working harder than 50% and 1.4gb vram used.  I had one OOM the other day flying the F22 with relativly high settings and some CTD issues playing with the menus.  Otherwise it is very flyable on my old hardware.  You could get an E8600 (3.33ghz) cpu for less than $40 for your motherboard on ebay.  Even if you are going to use dual monitors a 2gb HD7750 ~$100 or equivalent will be more than enough for your computer.  Just make sure the GPU is DX11 and low wattage.  Remember it is a no risk 60 day return on the software.

I run it with a core 2 duo 3.33 win7 pro 32 and 2gb ram.  The GPU is a HD 7750 4gb running two 1280x1024 monitors in eyefinity.  So far I have not seen the GPU working harder than 50% and 1.4gb vram used.  I had one OOM the other day flying the F22 with relativly high settings and some CTD issues playing with the menus.  Otherwise it is very flyable on my old hardware.  You could get an E8600 (3.33ghz) cpu for less than $40 for your motherboard on ebay.  Even if you are going to use dual monitors a 2gb HD7750 ~$100 or equivalent will be more than enough for your computer.  Just make sure the GPU is DX11 and low wattage.  Remember it is a no risk 60 day return on the software.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll give it a try.  I'm trying to kick this old buzzard down the block a little more until I'm able to get a new machine.

I'm only using one monitor.  Anyone know a good DX11 video card that would work (Nukem I'm looking at your suggestion as well)?

FS2020 

Dell Duo Core 2.66 1333FSB - Windows 7 Pro 64Bit 4Gigs Ram

What GPU?

Aamir Thacker

What GPU?

I need to get a new one.  Looking for suggestions.

FS2020 

I have an old PC running Windows 10 64 bits for internet and download only. It has an Intel E6800 (3.33 Ghz) and uses the onboard video (G41 Express). I bought from an e-commerce site a Nvidia GTX750ti 1GB (DX11) and I plan try to install Prepar3d on it. I will return with good/bad news as soon as the video card arrive.

I have an old PC running Windows 10 64 bits for internet and download only. It has an Intel E6800 (3.33 Ghz) and uses the onboard video (G41 Express). I bought from an e-commerce site a Nvidia GTX750ti 1GB (DX11) and I plan try to install Prepar3d on it. I will return with good/bad news as soon as the video card arrive.

I am back with good news. See at http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=116757